China Sets Up Maritime Arbitration Centre in Hong Kong
The China Maritime Arbitration Commission (CMAC) will set up an arbitration centre in Hong Kong, the first such centre outside China’s Mainland, to provide arbitration services for international maritime disputes, the Hong Kong Government said in a release.
The CMAC, being a permanent arbitration institution specialising in the resolution of foreign and domestic maritime disputes, was set up in 1959 under the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade. It focuses on resolving maritime, admiralty and logistics disputes as well as other contractual and non-contractual disputes through arbitration. Apart from its headquarters in Beijing, CMAC has so far only established three sub-commissions in Shanghai, Chongqing and Tianjin.
“Being the sole maritime arbitration institution in Mainland China, CMAC’s presence in Hong Kong would further enhance Hong Kong’s role in the resolution of maritime disputes, and thereby reinforce our position as a leading centre for international legal and dispute resolution services in the Asia Pacific region,” a spokesman for China’s Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
The inauguration ceremony of the CMAC HK will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on November 19.
To tie in with the establishment of the centre, the DoJ, together with the CMAC, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, will organise a seminar on the same day to promote the greater use of maritime arbitration services in Hong Kong.
With the theme of “Latest Trends in Maritime Arbitration”, the speakers will share experiences and strategies in preparing maritime arbitration and analyse the effective use of arbitration to resolve maritime disputes in different places.
Both the seminar and the inauguration ceremony are part of the Asian Logistics and Maritime Conference to be held in Hong Kong on November 18 and 19.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]