Port of Hedland Averts Strike
Australian Fair Work Commission (FWC) has ordered stoppage of the industrial action of Port of Hedland tug operators effective today, as talks on replacement enterprise agreements have been concluded, Teekay announced.
Teekay Shipping (Australia) Pty Ltd has been in negotiation with Australian Maritime Officers Union (AMOU), the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) and the Australian Institute of Marine & Power Engineers (AIMPE) about the terms of replacement enterprise agreements for its employees who operate the tugs which service the port of Port Hedland for approximately 17 months.
“Following the AMOU and MUA members’ endorsement, Teekay is very pleased to confirm that its negotiations with the MUA and AMOU have concluded, ” Teekay said yesterday.
Teekay applied to the Fair Work Commission (FWC) for approval of the agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009.
“We have had this matter before this Fair Work commission today (November 11) and an interim order stopping the industrial action tomorrow has been issued and served on the AIMPE and engineers,” Teekay added.
The AIMPE gave notice last Thursday that the engineers intended to take protected industrial action in the form of a four-hour stoppage from 6 am to 10 am on Wednesday 12 November 2014.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]