Port of Gothenburg to Boost Timber Volumes
Sweden’s Port of Gothenburg is aiming to increase the volume of paper and timber products passing through the port through dedicated forest product terminals and new rail solutions which are now in place, and closer collaboration between the port, the shipping companies and other key players linked to the port.
One of the latest developments is that the port is now equipped to receive sawn timber using conventional rail trucks. There are already 25 intermodal rail shuttles operating daily between the port and various towns and cities throughout Sweden – from Sundsvall in the north to Åhus in the south. There are also several block trains that serve the port, such as the trains used for Stora Enso’s paper exports.
The port and eight shipping companies will join forces to highlight and market the new potential for handling forest products at the port. The shipping companies involved are Stena Line, DFDS Seaways, CLdN, MSC, SCI Freightman, ACL, Unifeeder and K-Line.
Stig-Göran Thorén, Senior Manager Business Development, said: “We have listened to and adapted to the demands of the forestry industry. We now have a great deal in place in order to offer the industry a long-term, sustainable solution. Our aim is to stimulate the expansion of Swedish forest product exports.”
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]