UASC Names First LNG-Ready Containership Giant
United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) has named the industry’s first ever LNG-ready ultra large container vessel in Ulsan, South Korea. MV Sajir is the first of eighteen vessels in UASC’s current newbuilding program.
With a capacity of 15,000 TEU (A15), the DNV GL classed vessel is the largest and most eco-efficient vessel in this capacity range, according to UASC.
Preliminary calculations indicate an Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) value that is close to 50% below the 2025 limit established by the IMO.
MV Sajir will start operating on the Asia–North Europe route after delivery. Ten further A15 vessels and six 18,800 TEU (A18) box ships will be delivered from Hyundai Heavy Industries and Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries to UASC by mid-2016.
The CO2 output per TEU for this new vessel class will be 22% less than for a 13,500 TEU vessel delivered only two years ago. The environmental credentials of the A15 class are further highlighted by the fact that these vessels are designed and prepared for a quick and cost-efficient LNG retrofit at a later stage.
This “LNG-ready” concept has been confirmed with an Approval in Principle from DNV GL as an industry first. The vessels will further receive DNV GL’s CLEAN class notation, which documents that the new generation ships comply with environmental regulations beyond today’s normal IMO, flag and class standards. They will also be provided with an Inventory of Hazardous Materials, which is not yet a mandatory requirement, and they are one of the first to receive an Energy Efficiency Certificate with documented EEDI.
Moreover, all A15 vessels are equipped with an approved ballast water treatment system and a shore-to-ship power supply solution to enable zero emissions at berth, which is documented by the “Shore Power” class notation.
The A15 class vessels also deliver world-class standards of structural safety. The fatigue strength of the hull structure is based on the assumption of 25 years of operation in the North Atlantic, which is far beyond the normal standard. The A15 vessels will also be equipped with a DNV GL approved hull stress monitoring system that provides guidance to the crew on current stress level in the ship structure during operation.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- FOR SALE !!! Jenbacher JGS 320 GS.N-L. 1063 KW 400V/50Hz, 32600 Hours Ex. 2011
- Sale complete Brandnew genset MAN B&W 7L32/40
- Sale Completed power gas generator set
- Energy Storage, CAES (Compressed Air Energy Storage) Mobile or Fixed
- SWRO Desalination (Salt Water Reverse Osmosis) Vessel.
- [ All Subjects ]
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- Iron Roughneck ST-80 for sale
- Steering Gear Hydraulic Pump Mitsubishi Type: 3VFH2B-MK-RFBLA52D11 (Hydraulic Marine Trade (INDIA)
- Kawasaki Staffa Hydraulic Motor HMC 080 FM3 (C & CS Type) Hydraulic Marine Trade INDIA
- ULSTEIN BRATTVAAG ANCHOR WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR MC 22 SBR (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- [ All Subjects ]