OW Tanker Saves Its Assets through Alba’s Takeover
OW Tanker A/S, a unit of Danish oil trader OW Bunker, has been taken over by Alba Tanker ApS, thus securing the company’s assets, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP).
The agreement was reached on Wednesday, November 26th by the OW Tanker’s former management, company liquidators and lenders, AFP writes.
The board of the newly formed Alba Tanker ApS includes trustees from Danish law firms Gorrissen Federspiel and Plesner.
OW Tanker’s fleet consists of 10 owned and 19 chartered 19 vessels, as written on the company’s website.
According to Peter Fogh, partner at Plesner Law Firm, seven ships have been transferred to the liquidators’ company that will most probably be sold, Danish daily newspaper Fyens Stiftstidende informed.
OW Bunker filed for bankruptcy protection on November 7 having reported a loss of at least USD 275 million resulting from a fraud by senior employees at Singapore subsidiary and mark-to-market losses.
The bankruptcy has had a ripple effect on Danish and Singapore units, along with those in the US.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- For Sale: Mitsubishi S12R-MPTK Diesel Engine and Generator Set
- For Sale: Mitsubishi S16R-MPTK Diesel Engines and Generator Sets 3 Set
- For Sale: Aquamaster Azimuth Thruster Hydraulic Power Pack Unit with Bosch Rexroth A4VG250 Hydraulic Pump
- For Sale: BAUER HMH7 Hydraulic Motor - BAUER NILSEN HMH 7 Hydraulic Motors
- For Sale: BAUER HMJ9 Hydraulic Motor - BAUER NILSEN HMJ 9 Hydraulic Motors
- [ All Subjects ]