Strike Resumes at Chile’s San Antonio Port
Strike at Chile’s San Antonio port entered its fourth day on Tuesday with dock workers refusing to unload ships of the port’s concessionary company Puerto Central, writes Chilean newspaper El Economista.
The strike is being attributed by Costanera Espigon Maritime Port Workers’ Federation (Fetraportces) to Puerto Central’s breach of shift pattern deal.
As a result, union leaders want collective bargaining negotiations between workers and Puerto Central executives to be launched.
The strike has raised concern of Chilean Fruit Exporters Association (ASOEX), whose President Ronald Brown is worried about how the strike will affect fruit exports.
“The strike is happening at a time when Resolution 7233 of December 2014 was just published by the National Customs Directorate, which obliges companies that participate in the country’s foreign trade to pay an equivalent sum of USD 0.20 per [metric] ton that is exported or imported to the country, with proceeds going to cover commitments made by the State, mainly related to retroactive payments for port workers’ lunch breaks and pensions,” the Association said in a statement.
ASOEX urged the involved parties to do their part so as to avoid loses to the national economy.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]