Update: Bombed Tanker Headed to Greece
A Greek-owned tanker that was bombed by a Libyan military fighter plane January 4 while moored in the Port of Derna, is currently on its way to Greece, carrying the bodies of two crew members who died in the attack, IHS Maritime 360 reports.
A 29-year-old Greek and a Romanian crew member were killed, and two more were injured, when the 28,610 DWT M/T Araevo, owned and operated by Aegean Shipping Management and chartered by Libya’s National Oil Corporation, was struck with two bombs.
At the time of the attack, the M/T Araevo was carrying 12,600 tons of oil, with a twenty-six person crew on board, three Greeks, twenty-one Filipinos and two Romanians.
The stricken tanker left Libya yesterday morning, and is expected in Greece today, travelling at a reduced speed under its own power, Aegean Shipping Management’s Elias Syrros told IHS Maritime.
The two injured crew members are in hospital in Derna, with one of them in a critical condition.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- Brand New/ Unused- (2) Wartsila 20V34SG GasCube Generator Package For Sale
- HANSIN 6LUS40 AND MAIN ENGINE L50MC SPARES ND S60MC SPARES
- // YANMAR FUEL INJECTION EQUIPMENTS/SPARES AVAILABLE FOR SALE // SPARES FOR SALE //
- 6DK-20 Diesel Generator set
- Generator set for sale DAIHATSU 6DK-20
- [ All Subjects ]