Update: Bombed Tanker Headed to Greece
A Greek-owned tanker that was bombed by a Libyan military fighter plane January 4 while moored in the Port of Derna, is currently on its way to Greece, carrying the bodies of two crew members who died in the attack, IHS Maritime 360 reports.
A 29-year-old Greek and a Romanian crew member were killed, and two more were injured, when the 28,610 DWT M/T Araevo, owned and operated by Aegean Shipping Management and chartered by Libya’s National Oil Corporation, was struck with two bombs.
At the time of the attack, the M/T Araevo was carrying 12,600 tons of oil, with a twenty-six person crew on board, three Greeks, twenty-one Filipinos and two Romanians.
The stricken tanker left Libya yesterday morning, and is expected in Greece today, travelling at a reduced speed under its own power, Aegean Shipping Management’s Elias Syrros told IHS Maritime.
The two injured crew members are in hospital in Derna, with one of them in a critical condition.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- ABB VTR214, VTR254,VTR304,VTR354,VTR454,VTR564 spare parts for sale
- Available For Sale: Main Engine Spares
- SJ-30 G MITSUBISHI, SJ-35 H MITSUBISHI AVAILABLE
- Spare parts for Perkins 400 series 1100 series 1300 series 2200 series 2500 series
- ABB VTR354 turbocharger and spare parts for sale
- [ All Subjects ]