Update: Bombed Tanker Headed to Greece
A Greek-owned tanker that was bombed by a Libyan military fighter plane January 4 while moored in the Port of Derna, is currently on its way to Greece, carrying the bodies of two crew members who died in the attack, IHS Maritime 360 reports.
A 29-year-old Greek and a Romanian crew member were killed, and two more were injured, when the 28,610 DWT M/T Araevo, owned and operated by Aegean Shipping Management and chartered by Libya’s National Oil Corporation, was struck with two bombs.
At the time of the attack, the M/T Araevo was carrying 12,600 tons of oil, with a twenty-six person crew on board, three Greeks, twenty-one Filipinos and two Romanians.
The stricken tanker left Libya yesterday morning, and is expected in Greece today, travelling at a reduced speed under its own power, Aegean Shipping Management’s Elias Syrros told IHS Maritime.
The two injured crew members are in hospital in Derna, with one of them in a critical condition.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- Mirrlees blackstone 16MB430 engine for sale
- jenbacher gas genset for sale
- DECANTER , MODEL UCA-501-32 , YEAR 2009 FOR SAlE
- RUSOFFER-046 1.03MWe CATERPILLAR G3516 [1287 kVa x1] Used Refurbished Container packaged Natural gas fueled Power plant 2008Y 400V 50HZ
- Used 2 x 4MW Wartsila 12V32 HFO power plant for SALE
- [ All Subjects ]