Update: Bombed Tanker Headed to Greece
A Greek-owned tanker that was bombed by a Libyan military fighter plane January 4 while moored in the Port of Derna, is currently on its way to Greece, carrying the bodies of two crew members who died in the attack, IHS Maritime 360 reports.
A 29-year-old Greek and a Romanian crew member were killed, and two more were injured, when the 28,610 DWT M/T Araevo, owned and operated by Aegean Shipping Management and chartered by Libya’s National Oil Corporation, was struck with two bombs.
At the time of the attack, the M/T Araevo was carrying 12,600 tons of oil, with a twenty-six person crew on board, three Greeks, twenty-one Filipinos and two Romanians.
The stricken tanker left Libya yesterday morning, and is expected in Greece today, travelling at a reduced speed under its own power, Aegean Shipping Management’s Elias Syrros told IHS Maritime.
The two injured crew members are in hospital in Derna, with one of them in a critical condition.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]