Overcapacity Plaguining Middle East-South Asia Box Trade
Box traffic from Asia to the Middle East did far better in 2014 when compared to 2013 figures, increasing by 6.9% to reach 3.27 million teu, Drewry’s container trade statistics show.
As explained, much of this growth will have been supported by infrastructure projects through the region.
Growth in the container trade to South Asia was even stronger, rising by 10.5% to 2.92 million teu, according to Drewry’s data.
India, unlike other emerging economies such as Brazil and Russia, is clearly still providing a return on investment in the container market. The growth is expected to continue in 2015 as well amid fall in energy prices, a firmer rupee and rapidly declining inflation.
“Despite the underlying strength of these trades both are afflicted with overcapacity, which makes it difficult for carriers to get the full return in terms of spot rates. These overcrowded trades not only have to contend with the upgrading of dedicated services with larger ships, but it is also beholden to changes made to mainline Asia-Europe and Transpacific loops with wayports calls to ports such as Colombo or Jebel Ali, ” Drewry said.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]