Wärtsilä Nabs BWMS Deal
A series of eight new 33,000 DWT chemical tankers under construction in Asia will feature Wärtsilä Aquarius UV Ballast Water Management Systems (BWMS), certified for explosion proof (EX) requirements, the Finnish company says in a release.
This means that the BWMS units can be installed in Zone 1 hazardous areas. It is an International Maritime Organization (IMO) requirement that the BWMS for ships having hazardous areas on board must be EX-proof certified. This contract, which was signed in January, is the first EX-system delivery since the Wärtsilä Aquarius UV system was granted EX-certification in spring 2014.
Each of the eight vessels will have two Wärtsilä Aquarius UV systems installed. The particulars of this design required a partnership approach with the shipyard in order to successfully integrate the BWMS into the hazardous area, with the addition of deepwell pumps already delivered.
Wärtsilä has also recently further strengthened its presence in the Middle East region by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM), agreeing to work together with the Qatar-based shipyard on repair and maintenance services for marine and offshore vessels, as well as onshore structures.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]