NAT CEO Cautiously Optimistic about Tanker Market Outlook
Nordic American Tankers Limited (NAT) expects to achieve rates in the region of USD 35,000 per day for its fleet for the first quarter in 2015 reaping the fruits of a very strong year start for the tanker market.
NAT’s Chairman & CEO Herbjorn Hansson said that there are bright spots on the horizon after a downturn on the Suezmax tanker market the impact of which lingered since 2008.
“Our commercial performance this quarter should result in a significantly higher dividend than in 4Q2014 and is a fine testament to the income potential and commercial results of our fleet. An announcement of the 1Q2015 dividend can be expected in mid-April. As we move into the second quarter, the tanker market remains encouraging,” Hansson added.
The current upswing in the tanker market has been attributed to the drop in the oil price in the second half of last year, along with the balancing out between the industry fundamentals.
NAT has seen demand for tankers rising as both volumes and trading distances for its vessels. This has been against the background of a slow increase in the number of tanker vessels in operation worldwide – the supply side of the equation.
“NAT’s low cost breakeven of $12,000 per day means that our vessels are producing significant cashflow in the present market. Should the strong market we see in 1Q2015 continue, NAT should be in a position to pay significantly higher dividends than in the recent past. Going forward, the payment of quarterly dividends to shareholders will continue to be a central part of the NAT strategy,” Hansson said.
“We also continue to focus on maximizing total return (unlevered internal rate of return as the economists call it) and intend to grow our fleet further, beyond our 24 suezmaxes, when we believe it is commercially beneficial to do so. We grew the fleet by four vessels last year, including the two Korean newbuildings. We have our strong position intact and we anticipate positive conditions going forward,” he concluded.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- FOR SALE !!! Jenbacher JGS 320 GS.N-L. 1063 KW 400V/50Hz, 32600 Hours Ex. 2011
- Sale complete Brandnew genset MAN B&W 7L32/40
- Sale Completed power gas generator set
- Energy Storage, CAES (Compressed Air Energy Storage) Mobile or Fixed
- SWRO Desalination (Salt Water Reverse Osmosis) Vessel.
- [ All Subjects ]
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- Iron Roughneck ST-80 for sale
- Steering Gear Hydraulic Pump Mitsubishi Type: 3VFH2B-MK-RFBLA52D11 (Hydraulic Marine Trade (INDIA)
- Kawasaki Staffa Hydraulic Motor HMC 080 FM3 (C & CS Type) Hydraulic Marine Trade INDIA
- ULSTEIN BRATTVAAG ANCHOR WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR MC 22 SBR (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- [ All Subjects ]