Image of the Day: Razor-Sharp X-BOW
Well this is a sight we don’t have a chance of seeing too often. The image shows an offshore construction vessel (OCV), featuring Ulstein’s X-BOW design, taking shape at Ulstein Verft.
On the wide angle view, the OCV vessel is seen flaunting its fresh paint job.
The vessel, currently known as hull number Yno 302, is being built for Island Offshore/Edison Chouest Offshore.
The X-BOW® hull line design concept with the inverted bow was launched in 2005.
- The bow shape reduces pitch/heave accelerations and speed loss in waves, which renders higher transit speed or reduced power consumption possible. This improves fuel efficiency and reduces emissions to air.
- The bow shape eliminates slamming and bow impact, thereby reducing noise and vibration. This leads to a more comfortable workplace and more effective rest time for the crew.
- The bow shape gives a soft entry in waves, thus reducing spray and icing. The likelihood of extreme weather damage to the forebody is reduced.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]