Indonesia Opens First Green Container Terminal
Indonesian state-owned terminal operator PT Pelabuhan Indonesia III (Pelindo III) inaugurated the Lamong Bay Terminal in Surabaya, East Java, today.
The Lamong Bay is the first green-concept container terminal in the country, and will increase the port’s annual capacity from 1.5 million to 3.5 million TEUs. Once fully operational, the total capacity of this bay terminal will be 5.5 million TEUs.
The container handling system at the port is fully automated and it consists of 20 Automated Stacking Cranes (ASCs), Remote Operating Stations (ROSs), and associated container yard infrastructure, provided by Konecranes.
Konecranes also provided 10 Ship-to-Shore (STS) cranes and 5 straddle carriers.
”Lamong Bay Terminal is the next generation container terminal. Thanks to the reliability, productivity, predictability and safety provided by our Konecranes automated container handling system, we will provide our shipping line customers with uninterrupted, reliable container flow. This will be the key to build up business success in Indonesia and South-East Asia,” said Mr. Prasetyadi, Project Manager, Pelindo III.
The government of Indonesia has introduced a nationwide freight transport program to improve the movement of goods through the country’s vast waterways. The Lamong Bay Terminal is one of the key projects within the program which also includes the construction of 170 sea ports, mostly for pilot boat stop overs, and building of nine container ships.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]