Italian Bulker Aided by Compatriot Navy Ship
An Italian-flagged merchant vessel MV Roberto Rizzo received much needed help from an Italian navy ship ITS Libeccio after it became adrift 55 nautical miles off the coast of Somalia, on Thursday, 18 June.
MV Roberto Rizzo had been en route to China when it issued a distress call, after developing serious engine problems.
Its close proximity to the coast made it vulnerable to potential pirate attack, the statement from the EURNAVFOR said.
As ITS Libeccio’s helicopter hovered overhead while Italian Navy engineers carried out repairs on the stricken engine.
”I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the crew of ITS Libeccio for their timely assistance,’‘ the master of MV Roberto Rizzo, Nicolae Anthofie, said.
MV Roberto Rizzo is a 2009-built, 176,189 dwt Capesize bulk carrier operated by the Napoli-based Rizzo-Bottiglieri-De Carlini.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- ABB VTR214, VTR254,VTR304,VTR354,VTR454,VTR564 spare parts for sale
- Available For Sale: Main Engine Spares
- SJ-30 G MITSUBISHI, SJ-35 H MITSUBISHI AVAILABLE
- Spare parts for Perkins 400 series 1100 series 1300 series 2200 series 2500 series
- ABB VTR354 turbocharger and spare parts for sale
- [ All Subjects ]