Italian Bulker Aided by Compatriot Navy Ship
An Italian-flagged merchant vessel MV Roberto Rizzo received much needed help from an Italian navy ship ITS Libeccio after it became adrift 55 nautical miles off the coast of Somalia, on Thursday, 18 June.
MV Roberto Rizzo had been en route to China when it issued a distress call, after developing serious engine problems.
Its close proximity to the coast made it vulnerable to potential pirate attack, the statement from the EURNAVFOR said.
As ITS Libeccio’s helicopter hovered overhead while Italian Navy engineers carried out repairs on the stricken engine.
”I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the crew of ITS Libeccio for their timely assistance,’‘ the master of MV Roberto Rizzo, Nicolae Anthofie, said.
MV Roberto Rizzo is a 2009-built, 176,189 dwt Capesize bulk carrier operated by the Napoli-based Rizzo-Bottiglieri-De Carlini.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- Mirrlees blackstone 16MB430 engine for sale
- jenbacher gas genset for sale
- DECANTER , MODEL UCA-501-32 , YEAR 2009 FOR SAlE
- RUSOFFER-046 1.03MWe CATERPILLAR G3516 [1287 kVa x1] Used Refurbished Container packaged Natural gas fueled Power plant 2008Y 400V 50HZ
- Used 2 x 4MW Wartsila 12V32 HFO power plant for SALE
- [ All Subjects ]