Italian Bulker Aided by Compatriot Navy Ship
An Italian-flagged merchant vessel MV Roberto Rizzo received much needed help from an Italian navy ship ITS Libeccio after it became adrift 55 nautical miles off the coast of Somalia, on Thursday, 18 June.
MV Roberto Rizzo had been en route to China when it issued a distress call, after developing serious engine problems.
Its close proximity to the coast made it vulnerable to potential pirate attack, the statement from the EURNAVFOR said.
As ITS Libeccio’s helicopter hovered overhead while Italian Navy engineers carried out repairs on the stricken engine.
”I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the crew of ITS Libeccio for their timely assistance,’‘ the master of MV Roberto Rizzo, Nicolae Anthofie, said.
MV Roberto Rizzo is a 2009-built, 176,189 dwt Capesize bulk carrier operated by the Napoli-based Rizzo-Bottiglieri-De Carlini.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]