Japan Invests in Samoa’s Only Commercial Port
Japan has set aside a JPY 3.4 billion (USD 28.3 million) grant-in-aid to improve safety at the only commercial port on the Pacific island state of Samoa – Apia Port.
Starting in January 2016, Apia Port will undergo a port safety enhancement project consisting of the rehabilitation of its aids to navigation, upgrades to berthing and docking facilities, and the rehabilitation of the container terminal yard. The project is scheduled to be completed by September 2017.
Apia Port handles about 97% of all foreign trade cargoes for the country and is regarded as the lifeline of the country with its lifelihood largely depending upon import and the rest on transportation by sea.
Apia Port is connected with South Pacific countries such as New Zealand and Australia, Far East including Japan, United States and Europe, mostly through container and Ro-Ro ships.
Irregular services are provided by small cargo vessel and oil tankers and passenger cruise liners cruising the South Pacific call at Apia Port several times a year.
The main wharf of Apia Port was constructed in 1966 for conventional cargo handling purposes with the provision of full scale port functions such as a 12m deep and 185m long berth.
The new wharf extension (166m) was commissioned in November 2003.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]