RollDock Shipping Boosts Heavy-Lift Capacity with RollDock Sky
Dutch heavy-lift specialist RollDock Shipping B.V., part of the Roll Group, confirmed the purchase of the MV RollDock Sky.
This is the third semi-submersible multipurpose heavy lift vessel bought from Larsen & Toubro India and the latest fleet addition is slated to go directly into service after some upgrades.
After RollDock and L&T ended their cooperation in 2013, L&T continued building a third semi-submersible multipurpose heavy lift vessel.
However, during visits to the L&T yard by RollDock staff, RollDock decided to purchase the vessel and to name it MV RollDock Sky. The MV RollDock Sky is a sister vessel to MV RollDock Sun and MV RollDock Sea.
Furthermore, RollDock has two vessels under construction which will take the fleet up to 7 vessels within the next 12 months. In cooperation with BigLift, BigRoll Shipping was founded and 4 open wide deck ice class vessels were ordered at the COSCO Shipyard Dalian. The first MC Class vessel is nearing completion and it is expected soon to enter into service for BigRoll Shipping.
“We are very proud that despite the unfavorable economic times, we are still able to maintain the growth strategy of our business,” said CEO Roll Group.
RollDock Shipping, the marine transportation division of the company founded in 2006, has five semi-submersible multipurpose heavy lift vessels in its fleet with a further two MC Class vessels under construction. The RollDock vessels have 3 methods of loading and discharging; roll-on roll-off, float-in float out and lift-on lift-off.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- FOR SALE !!! Jenbacher JGS 320 GS.N-L. 1063 KW 400V/50Hz, 32600 Hours Ex. 2011
- Sale complete Brandnew genset MAN B&W 7L32/40
- Sale Completed power gas generator set
- Energy Storage, CAES (Compressed Air Energy Storage) Mobile or Fixed
- SWRO Desalination (Salt Water Reverse Osmosis) Vessel.
- [ All Subjects ]
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- Iron Roughneck ST-80 for sale
- Steering Gear Hydraulic Pump Mitsubishi Type: 3VFH2B-MK-RFBLA52D11 (Hydraulic Marine Trade (INDIA)
- Kawasaki Staffa Hydraulic Motor HMC 080 FM3 (C & CS Type) Hydraulic Marine Trade INDIA
- ULSTEIN BRATTVAAG ANCHOR WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR MC 22 SBR (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- [ All Subjects ]