Hyundai Heavy Hit with USD 100 Mln in Taxes
South Korea’s shipbuilding giant Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) has been hit by another hurdle as it faces KRW 120 billion (USD 100.5 million) in taxes, Yonhap news agency informed.
As disclosed by Yonhap, HHI has been notified by the country’s tax authorities of the additional tax imposition and the shipyard is considering to file for a review of the matter.
The shipbuilder has seen major losses during the previous two years due to an overall industry downturn. Namely, HHI was affected by a contract cancellation of a semi-submersible rig and massive losses in the offshore business but the company is now looking to get back to black.
In an effort to return to profitability last year, the company’s CEOs gave up their salaries in November, while HHI agreed with its workers to freeze the base pay of yard employees and distribute a 100 percent bonus increase, plus an additional USD 1,283 (KRW 1.5 million).
Furthermore, in January the company decided to slash its order target for 2016 to USD 19.5 billion, compared the previous year’s target of almost USD 23 billion.
All the said measures were taken to try to cut costs as the company hopes to return to profit this year.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]