LEC Completes 18 Megawatt Power Plant
The Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC), with funding from the government, has constructed an 18 megawatt Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) Power Plant located at the entity’s Bushrod Island compound, a release from the corporation has said. Construction work on the plant began in 2014, but delays were experienced because of the Ebola outbreak in the country, according to the release.
In February his year, LEC commissioned the World Bank funded 10 megawatt HFO Plant, which is also located at the Bushrod Island Compound.
“The completion of the 18 megawatt HFO Plant has increased the LEC power generation capacity to 28 megawatt,” the release said.
The completion of these two power plants has increased the LEC’s power generation capacity and its capacity to connect more customers.
Construction work on a third 10 megawatt HFO Power Plant, which is being funded by the Japanese government, is expected to be completed by August 2016, further increasing the LEC’s generation capacity to 38 megawatt.
LEC, with funding from the World Bank, has constructed Medium Voltage lines and 400 Volt Low Voltage distribution network in SKD Boulevard, Matadi and Lakpazee communities. This network, the release said, is intended to supply power to 1,900 residents in those areas as well as provide basic street lighting.
This project is a continuation of the 18 communities project, which will connect 8,400 new customers.
The LEC has meanwhile assured customers that it is committed to helping the government improve people’s livelihoods and reduce poverty through increased power delivery to more communities.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]