DNV GL issues marine warranty standard
HOVIK, Norway – DNV GL has published what it says is the industry’s only standard for the warranty approval of marine operations.
The standard is the first to deploy a digital solution that provides users with information most relevant to a specific project.
DNVGL-ST-N001 Marine operations and marine warranty documents design and operational requirements for the temporary phases in the development of offshore assets including transportation by water. It covers the entire value chain, from fixed steel and concrete platforms and FPSOs to subsea operations, pipe and cable lay, and offshore wind.
Kim Rolfsen, global service area leader - Noble Denton marine services, DNV GL - Oil & Gas, said: “The new standard combines best practice including legacy DNV’s strengths in technical and analytical detail, and legacy GL Noble Denton’s practical guidance on avoiding technical pitfalls.”
Industry professionals can submit details about the type of asset, operation and structural code, using the MyDNVGL customer portal. The company’s online Standards Wizard will then select the pertinent information from the standard.
Mike Hoyle, Head of advanced engineering - Noble Denton marine services, UK, DNV GL - Oil & Gas, explains: “This avoids industry professionals having to sift through a 500-page standard to look for information relevant to their project. The wizard generates a simple and clear document showing the elements of the standard needed to get on with the specific job.”
The common standards, which have been developed with input from companies in the marine sector, also give greater flexibility to industry professionals than before. For example, users can follow either the LRFD or ASD/WSD structural assessment approach when using the standard to plan and execute marine operations.
Det norske oljeselskap ASA has awarded two frame agreements to DNV GL for verification, inspection, and HSEQ services. The contract period is for four years with potential to extend.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- FOR SALE !!! Jenbacher JGS 320 GS.N-L. 1063 KW 400V/50Hz, 32600 Hours Ex. 2011
- Sale complete Brandnew genset MAN B&W 7L32/40
- Sale Completed power gas generator set
- Energy Storage, CAES (Compressed Air Energy Storage) Mobile or Fixed
- SWRO Desalination (Salt Water Reverse Osmosis) Vessel.
- [ All Subjects ]
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- Iron Roughneck ST-80 for sale
- Steering Gear Hydraulic Pump Mitsubishi Type: 3VFH2B-MK-RFBLA52D11 (Hydraulic Marine Trade (INDIA)
- Kawasaki Staffa Hydraulic Motor HMC 080 FM3 (C & CS Type) Hydraulic Marine Trade INDIA
- ULSTEIN BRATTVAAG ANCHOR WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR MC 22 SBR (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- [ All Subjects ]