Rolls-Royce: All-Gas Keeps Engine Clean
Rolls-Royce Marine has shared some dramatic photos taken during a major overhaul of the liquefied natural gas-fueled engines on the Bergensfjord ferry operated by Norway’s Fjord1.
Fjord1 is a true pioneer in LNG, commissioning the first-ever LNG ferry, the Glutra, in 2000.
Fjord1’s Bergensfjord entered service in 2007, powered by first-generation dedicated-LNG Bergen engines: two KVGS12G and two KVGS16G units generating a total of 12,500 kilowatts, advises Rolls-Royce Marine general sales manager Odd Magne Horgen – more than 16,700 horsepower.
Fjord1’s 426-foot, dedicated natural gas, Rolls-Royce Bergen-powered Bergensfjord ferry entered service in Norway in January 2007.
The photos above and below show the vessel’s the crankcase and engine rooms during a major overhaul following 43,000 hours of service.
The Original Oil
“Still white and clean,” Horgen says. “No oil mist.”
And, he told HHP Insight, “They are still using the same main lube oil that was filled on the engines when they were started back in January 2007.”
The Fjord1 Bergensfjord engines have now logged more than 50,000 hours, Horgen reports.
Various views of first-generation Bergen dedicated-natural gas engines after 43,000 hours of operation on Fjord1’s Bergensfjord ferry.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]