Wärtsilä Finds Faults in Marine Engine Fuel Tests
Following its recent inspection of test processes, Finnish engineering company Wärtsilä Corporation said that the probe revealed some defects in certain fuel consumption measurement tests conducted for marine engines in Wärtsilä Delivery Centre Trieste in Italy.
Based on the current analysis, the deviations have been caused by a “limited number of personnel, who have clearly acted against work instructions and our code of conduct by influencing the test results,” Wärtsilä said.
According to the company, the deviations are on average 1 percent of fuel consumption and Wärtsilä estimates that around 2 percent of all engines delivered may have been affected.
“It is to be noted that the engines in question have fulfilled the regulatory and classification society requirements, and the potentially affected vessels have met sea trial requirements. According to our evaluation, the customer impact of the deviations is marginal,” the engineering firm said, adding that there was no impact on engines for power plant customers nor other operations.
Wärtsilä said that it has reviewed all test procedures, and taken corrective actions where deviations have been found.
The company expects that the financial impact of these irregularities are not material.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]