MAN B&W Engines to Drive Cypriot Power Plant
Stationary Power Plant
The Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) has placed an order for a 50.4-MW, low-speed, diesel plant with BWSC, the Danish contracting arm of MAN Diesel’s Japanese licensee, Mitsui Engineering and Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES). EAC’s Dekelia plant will be equipped with three MAN B&W 12K50MC-S engines, each developing 18,000 kW at 176.5 rpm.
EAC currently holds a dominant position in the local, electricity generation market, which was liberalised as a precondition for Cyprus’ accession to the European Union in 2004. It operates three power stations with a total capacity of 988 MW, located near the main cities of Larnaca and Limassol. These generate some 4,500 GWh of electricity annually.
The Dekelia power station is located approximately 15 km east of the city of Larnaca. The original plant was the first such built by EAC in the mid-1950s before a modern replacement was built adjacent to the old site. Built in three phases, the new power plant currently consists of six steam turbines, each of a capacity of 60 MW.
The MAN B&W 12K50MC-S engine has proven its reliability and efficiency in several other plants supplied worldwide by BWSC and MES, including locations in the Bahamas, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]