MAN B&W Engines to Drive Cypriot Power Plant
Stationary Power Plant
The Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) has placed an order for a 50.4-MW, low-speed, diesel plant with BWSC, the Danish contracting arm of MAN Diesel’s Japanese licensee, Mitsui Engineering and Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES). EAC’s Dekelia plant will be equipped with three MAN B&W 12K50MC-S engines, each developing 18,000 kW at 176.5 rpm.
EAC currently holds a dominant position in the local, electricity generation market, which was liberalised as a precondition for Cyprus’ accession to the European Union in 2004. It operates three power stations with a total capacity of 988 MW, located near the main cities of Larnaca and Limassol. These generate some 4,500 GWh of electricity annually.
The Dekelia power station is located approximately 15 km east of the city of Larnaca. The original plant was the first such built by EAC in the mid-1950s before a modern replacement was built adjacent to the old site. Built in three phases, the new power plant currently consists of six steam turbines, each of a capacity of 60 MW.
The MAN B&W 12K50MC-S engine has proven its reliability and efficiency in several other plants supplied worldwide by BWSC and MES, including locations in the Bahamas, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]