52 MW of ABB Azipod Propulsion Power Destined for South Korea
Ice class Azipod units ready for month long voyage from Helsinki to Asia.
Pictured at Vuosaari habor on the outskirts of Helsinki, these four Azipod units are destined for shipyards in South Korea – a journey which will take approximately one month. The four thrusters have a combined power of 52 MW and will be fitted to an LNG tanker for the Yamal project and an arctic oil tanker.
ABB is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first installation of an Azipod unit, which has gone on to lead the podded electric propulsion market. During a quarter of a century of service the thrusters have clocked up more than 12 million hours of running time, helping save the maritime industry 700 000 tons of fuel.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hatlapa Hydraulic Motor For Anchor & Mooring Winches Type: 25245 & 25235
- HYDRAULIC PUMP ,MOTOR ,WINCH ,HYDRAULIC VALVE,AND SPARE (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS .INDIA)
- TYPE-(A11VLO-190DRS)-(A11VLO-260DRS) (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- A-10 VSO-45-DFR NEW PUMP (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-HMC-270 STAFFA MOTOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA) AVAILABLE IN OUR NEW STOCK
- [ All Subjects ]