52 MW of ABB Azipod Propulsion Power Destined for South Korea
Ice class Azipod units ready for month long voyage from Helsinki to Asia.
Pictured at Vuosaari habor on the outskirts of Helsinki, these four Azipod units are destined for shipyards in South Korea – a journey which will take approximately one month. The four thrusters have a combined power of 52 MW and will be fitted to an LNG tanker for the Yamal project and an arctic oil tanker.
ABB is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first installation of an Azipod unit, which has gone on to lead the podded electric propulsion market. During a quarter of a century of service the thrusters have clocked up more than 12 million hours of running time, helping save the maritime industry 700 000 tons of fuel.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- ABB VTR214, VTR254,VTR304,VTR354,VTR454,VTR564 spare parts for sale
- Available For Sale: Main Engine Spares
- SJ-30 G MITSUBISHI, SJ-35 H MITSUBISHI AVAILABLE
- Spare parts for Perkins 400 series 1100 series 1300 series 2200 series 2500 series
- ABB VTR354 turbocharger and spare parts for sale
- [ All Subjects ]