52 MW of ABB Azipod Propulsion Power Destined for South Korea
Ice class Azipod units ready for month long voyage from Helsinki to Asia.
Pictured at Vuosaari habor on the outskirts of Helsinki, these four Azipod units are destined for shipyards in South Korea – a journey which will take approximately one month. The four thrusters have a combined power of 52 MW and will be fitted to an LNG tanker for the Yamal project and an arctic oil tanker.
ABB is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first installation of an Azipod unit, which has gone on to lead the podded electric propulsion market. During a quarter of a century of service the thrusters have clocked up more than 12 million hours of running time, helping save the maritime industry 700 000 tons of fuel.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- JENBACHER SPARE PARTS FOR SALE
- 155 MWe SIEMENS V94.2 Unused Gas turbine SIEMENS SGen5-100A Turbogenerator [x1] 2008Y 6300V 50HZ 3000RPM
- For Sale: Wartsila 18V32LN and Wartsila 12V32LN Power Plant Engines
- Wartsila VASA 18V32 & Mak 16M32
- Power plant 3 generators 350 KVA and one 200 KVA
- [ All Subjects ]