52 MW of ABB Azipod Propulsion Power Destined for South Korea
Ice class Azipod units ready for month long voyage from Helsinki to Asia.
Pictured at Vuosaari habor on the outskirts of Helsinki, these four Azipod units are destined for shipyards in South Korea – a journey which will take approximately one month. The four thrusters have a combined power of 52 MW and will be fitted to an LNG tanker for the Yamal project and an arctic oil tanker.
ABB is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first installation of an Azipod unit, which has gone on to lead the podded electric propulsion market. During a quarter of a century of service the thrusters have clocked up more than 12 million hours of running time, helping save the maritime industry 700 000 tons of fuel.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- cat gas gen set for sale two no
- Mirrlees blackstone 16MB430 engine for sale
- jenbacher gas genset for sale
- DECANTER , MODEL UCA-501-32 , YEAR 2009 FOR SAlE
- RUSOFFER-046 1.03MWe CATERPILLAR G3516 [1287 kVa x1] Used Refurbished Container packaged Natural gas fueled Power plant 2008Y 400V 50HZ
- [ All Subjects ]