MAN 48/60 ENGINES CLOCK UP 500TH SALE
MAN Diesel & Turbo has announced the 500th sale of its MAN 48/60 medium-speed engine. The milestone was reached with the order of two common-rail variants of the engine by Huta Marine of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia as part of a diesel-electric system to power a self-propelled cutter suction dredger.
Huta Marine is a specialist in marine infrastructure and its fleet ranks among the largest in the Middle East. The dredger will be built in the Netherlands by a shipyard belonging to the IHC Merwede Group, the global market leader for dredging, mining and other custom-built vessels.
The MAN 48/60 engine
Based on the 48/60 workhorse, the 48/60 engine was introduced in 2003 in both L- and V- versions. Over its working history, it has proved itself a valuable, sturdy workhorse and all-round performer over a broad range of applications.
The 48/60 medium-speed engine is based on the successful 48/60 series first launched in 1989. The B variant represented a major redevelopment of the concept characterised by increased output, reduced engine weight/width, and an optimised combustion that reduced both exhaust emissions and fuel consumption.
The 48/60 has been continuously developed ever since, notably including an upgrade to common-rail fuel injection in 2008 and full Tier II compliance in 2011, and more recently featuring a redesign of its cylinder head where a higher fuel injection pressure resulted in improved atomisation and better combustion, ultimately reducing both fuel consumption and emission levels.
The 48/60 engine derives several, extra advantages from forming an integral part of the MAN Diesel & Turbo portfolio. The engine has many references where it has been integrated with the successful TCA turbocharger series while SaCoSone, MAN Diesel & Turbo’s proven engine-management system, has also become standard issue.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
- Floating Dock build 2009 KOREA size 15,000TLC FOR SALE
- LANDING CRAFT TANK LOA 37.5 // NEW BUILD FOR SALE
- // Update // MV Nam Cuong 8888 (3.6 dwt / 2012 blt Vietnam) + Viet Phong (6.8 dwt / 90 blt Japan) - Inspectable Vietnam
- 3200PS HARBOUR TUG FOR SALE (SDM-TB-118)
- 1,500 DWT GENERAL CARGO SHIP (M/V KAIFUKU MARU NO. 2) FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
ORDERS FOR SHIPBUILDING & REPAIR
- Requisition for Anchor and anchor chain
- MARINETECH-ADAMS CRANKSHAFT PROVISION
- Marine engines overhaul and repair services
- MARINE LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT SURVEY - SUPPLY, SHIP CHANDLER, BUNKER , ELTC - MECHANICAL REPAIR & SHIP SPARE PARTS SUPPLIER.
- IHI crane repair services in Chittagong Port & Mongla Port, Bangladesh
- [ All Subjects ]