World’s Largest Diesel Series: MAN’s Record-Breaking 12S90ME-C
The MAN B&W 12S90ME-C Mark 9.2 type diesel engine set the world record in October of 2014 for the largest engine ever built. It’s not only physically the largest, but the diesel manufacturer’s low-speed two-stroke diesel engine is one of the most powerful, rated at 98,000 hp.
The MAN B&W 12S90ME-C Mark 9.2 uses electronically controlled hydraulic/mechanical actuators for the fuel injection and exhaust valves. It’s fuel pressure booster is a plunger powered by a hydraulic piston. An electronically controlled proportional valve sends pressurized oil to drive the hydraulic piston. Each cylinder, also, has its own hydraulically activated fuel oil pressure booster. Fuel injection is performed with a valve that is electronically controlled by the the Engine Control System (ECS).
Exhaust valves are opened by a two-stage valve actuator with oil from an electronically controlled proportional valve and closed with an “air spring.” With electronic control of the valves, the valve timing is infinitely adjustable. All ME-C engines, including the massive 12S90ME-C Mark 9.2 are dual fuel engines (CNG or diesel) using high-pressure injection.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
- Floating Dock build 2009 KOREA size 15,000TLC FOR SALE
- LANDING CRAFT TANK LOA 37.5 // NEW BUILD FOR SALE
- // Update // MV Nam Cuong 8888 (3.6 dwt / 2012 blt Vietnam) + Viet Phong (6.8 dwt / 90 blt Japan) - Inspectable Vietnam
- 3200PS HARBOUR TUG FOR SALE (SDM-TB-118)
- 1,500 DWT GENERAL CARGO SHIP (M/V KAIFUKU MARU NO. 2) FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
ORDERS FOR SHIPBUILDING & REPAIR
- Requisition for Anchor and anchor chain
- MARINETECH-ADAMS CRANKSHAFT PROVISION
- Marine engines overhaul and repair services
- MARINE LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT SURVEY - SUPPLY, SHIP CHANDLER, BUNKER , ELTC - MECHANICAL REPAIR & SHIP SPARE PARTS SUPPLIER.
- IHI crane repair services in Chittagong Port & Mongla Port, Bangladesh
- [ All Subjects ]