Collision of Container Vessels WAN HAI 301 and APL DENVER
At about 2350 hrs on 3rd January 2017, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) was notified by the Johor Port Authority (JPA) of a collision between Singapore-registered container vessel WAN HAI 301 and a Gibraltar-registered container vessel APL DENVER off Pasir Gudang Port, Johor Malaysia.
The Master of APL DENVER reported that one of her bunker tanks sustained damage resulting in approximately 300 tonnes of oil spillage. JPA has deployed four anti-pollution craft on site and an oil boom around APL DENVER to contain the oil spill.
In Singapore, some oil patches were spotted and the spillage has been contained off the western side of Pulau Ubin. MPA has activated a total of eight anti-pollution craft with dispersant spraying capabilities to clean up the spilled oil.
There have been no reports of injury. Traffic in the East Johor Straits and Singapore’s port operations remains unaffected.
MPA as the flag state of WAN HAI 301 will also be investigating the cause of the collision.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- FOR SALE: C32 - MAK - 8M20 GENERATOR SET
- // MAN B&W L40/54 - GENUINE MAJOR SPARES AVAILABLE IN STOCK //
- WILMAX HELIFUEL DISPENSER SYSTEM IN UNUSED CONDITION FOR SALE //
- BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR SULZER 8S20 CRANKSHAFT
- Caterpillar 3512B Low Running-1354hrs, Year 2012 Radiator Cooled Caterpillar Diesel Generator
- [ All Subjects ]