Collision of Container Vessels WAN HAI 301 and APL DENVER
At about 2350 hrs on 3rd January 2017, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) was notified by the Johor Port Authority (JPA) of a collision between Singapore-registered container vessel WAN HAI 301 and a Gibraltar-registered container vessel APL DENVER off Pasir Gudang Port, Johor Malaysia.
The Master of APL DENVER reported that one of her bunker tanks sustained damage resulting in approximately 300 tonnes of oil spillage. JPA has deployed four anti-pollution craft on site and an oil boom around APL DENVER to contain the oil spill.
In Singapore, some oil patches were spotted and the spillage has been contained off the western side of Pulau Ubin. MPA has activated a total of eight anti-pollution craft with dispersant spraying capabilities to clean up the spilled oil.
There have been no reports of injury. Traffic in the East Johor Straits and Singapore’s port operations remains unaffected.
MPA as the flag state of WAN HAI 301 will also be investigating the cause of the collision.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
- Floating Dock build 2009 KOREA size 15,000TLC FOR SALE
- LANDING CRAFT TANK LOA 37.5 // NEW BUILD FOR SALE
- // Update // MV Nam Cuong 8888 (3.6 dwt / 2012 blt Vietnam) + Viet Phong (6.8 dwt / 90 blt Japan) - Inspectable Vietnam
- 3200PS HARBOUR TUG FOR SALE (SDM-TB-118)
- 1,500 DWT GENERAL CARGO SHIP (M/V KAIFUKU MARU NO. 2) FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
ORDERS FOR SHIPBUILDING & REPAIR
- Requisition for Anchor and anchor chain
- MARINETECH-ADAMS CRANKSHAFT PROVISION
- Marine engines overhaul and repair services
- MARINE LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT SURVEY - SUPPLY, SHIP CHANDLER, BUNKER , ELTC - MECHANICAL REPAIR & SHIP SPARE PARTS SUPPLIER.
- IHI crane repair services in Chittagong Port & Mongla Port, Bangladesh
- [ All Subjects ]