Incident Video: Ferry Slams Into Pier in Santo Domingo
Some major damage at the port of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic after a ferry struck a pier while mooring on Thursday.
Video shows the moment the ferry, named Kydon, slammed into the pier and several containers at the Don Diego terminal. Amazingly no injuries were reported.
According to reports, the ferry had just arrived in Santo Domingo and was already partially tied up with its forward loading ramp down when the incident occurred.
Another video posted online shows workers scrambling for safety as the vessel moved forward.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE -PV- 270 - NEW PARKER (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- KAWASAKI K3VL140/A+K3VL80/A DOUBLE PUMP (HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- KAWASAKI K3VL140/A-1NRKM MODEL (HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- KAWASAKI M2X150CAB-10A MODEL HYDRAULIC PUMP (HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- REXROTH A11VO190DRL/11R-NPD12N00 (HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]