Mexico Fines Shipping Firms for Antitrust Law Violation
Mexican antitrust authorities have fined seven shipping companies for a number of collusions which led to a rise in prices on Ro-Ro shipping routes in Mexico.
The companies in question are the Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores (CSAV), Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line), K Line America, Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL), Mitsui OSK Bulk Shipping (MOBUSA), Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK) and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL).
Mexican antitrust commission COFECE informed that the fines amounted to about MXN 582 million (USD 32 million).
Under the agreements, the parties assigned transport routes to shippers between five Mexican ports, including Altamira, Veracruz, Manzanillo, Mazatlán and Lázaro Cárdenas, and between Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, and Belgium.
The companies were involved in nine separate agreements, covering a period from 2009 to 2015, related to shipping of cars, and farm and construction machinery, which “reduced the competitive pressure and increased the costs of services provided to companies in the automotive sector.”
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- FOR SALE !!! Jenbacher JGS 320 GS.N-L. 1063 KW 400V/50Hz, 32600 Hours Ex. 2011
- Sale complete Brandnew genset MAN B&W 7L32/40
- Sale Completed power gas generator set
- Energy Storage, CAES (Compressed Air Energy Storage) Mobile or Fixed
- SWRO Desalination (Salt Water Reverse Osmosis) Vessel.
- [ All Subjects ]
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- Iron Roughneck ST-80 for sale
- Steering Gear Hydraulic Pump Mitsubishi Type: 3VFH2B-MK-RFBLA52D11 (Hydraulic Marine Trade (INDIA)
- Kawasaki Staffa Hydraulic Motor HMC 080 FM3 (C & CS Type) Hydraulic Marine Trade INDIA
- ULSTEIN BRATTVAAG ANCHOR WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR MC 22 SBR (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- [ All Subjects ]