Mexico Fines Shipping Firms for Antitrust Law Violation
Mexican antitrust authorities have fined seven shipping companies for a number of collusions which led to a rise in prices on Ro-Ro shipping routes in Mexico.
The companies in question are the Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores (CSAV), Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line), K Line America, Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL), Mitsui OSK Bulk Shipping (MOBUSA), Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK) and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL).
Mexican antitrust commission COFECE informed that the fines amounted to about MXN 582 million (USD 32 million).
Under the agreements, the parties assigned transport routes to shippers between five Mexican ports, including Altamira, Veracruz, Manzanillo, Mazatlán and Lázaro Cárdenas, and between Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, and Belgium.
The companies were involved in nine separate agreements, covering a period from 2009 to 2015, related to shipping of cars, and farm and construction machinery, which “reduced the competitive pressure and increased the costs of services provided to companies in the automotive sector.”
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- FOR SALE: C32 - MAK - 8M20 GENERATOR SET
- // MAN B&W L40/54 - GENUINE MAJOR SPARES AVAILABLE IN STOCK //
- WILMAX HELIFUEL DISPENSER SYSTEM IN UNUSED CONDITION FOR SALE //
- BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR SULZER 8S20 CRANKSHAFT
- Caterpillar 3512B Low Running-1354hrs, Year 2012 Radiator Cooled Caterpillar Diesel Generator
- [ All Subjects ]