Drunk Captain Charged in New Zealand
The captain of a 40,000-tone logging ship has been charged with being under the influence of alcohol after an “exceptionally high” reading was taken by New Zealand police.
The police were alerted by the pilot assisting the Shansi at Port Northland on Friday Afternoon.
The 53-year-old English captain could face a 12-month prison term or a NZ$10,000 fine. He has been remanded on bail and is due to face court on Monday.
A spokesman for shipowner, China Navigation Company, said it adopted the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) and the Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) guidelines for the control of alcohol on board ship which strictly prohibit any seafarer from navigating or operating any ship's equipment while under the influence of alcohol.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- JENBACHER SPARE PARTS FOR SALE
- 155 MWe SIEMENS V94.2 Unused Gas turbine SIEMENS SGen5-100A Turbogenerator [x1] 2008Y 6300V 50HZ 3000RPM
- For Sale: Wartsila 18V32LN and Wartsila 12V32LN Power Plant Engines
- Wartsila VASA 18V32 & Mak 16M32
- Power plant 3 generators 350 KVA and one 200 KVA
- [ All Subjects ]