Drunk Captain Charged in New Zealand
The captain of a 40,000-tone logging ship has been charged with being under the influence of alcohol after an “exceptionally high” reading was taken by New Zealand police.
The police were alerted by the pilot assisting the Shansi at Port Northland on Friday Afternoon.
The 53-year-old English captain could face a 12-month prison term or a NZ$10,000 fine. He has been remanded on bail and is due to face court on Monday.
A spokesman for shipowner, China Navigation Company, said it adopted the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) and the Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) guidelines for the control of alcohol on board ship which strictly prohibit any seafarer from navigating or operating any ship's equipment while under the influence of alcohol.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- HAWE V30D250 C RKN MODEL(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- PARKER F12 SERIES HYDRAULIC MOTORS(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- COMMERCIAL HYDRAULICS HD2/4000/5B/20/35(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- Kayaba Hydraulic Motor Type:MRH 2 3150 T & MRH 3150 T (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- MITSUBISHI HYDRAULIC MOTOR RMM 350 (Hydraulic Marine Trade) INDIA
- [ All Subjects ]