Drunk Captain Charged in New Zealand
The captain of a 40,000-tone logging ship has been charged with being under the influence of alcohol after an “exceptionally high” reading was taken by New Zealand police.
The police were alerted by the pilot assisting the Shansi at Port Northland on Friday Afternoon.
The 53-year-old English captain could face a 12-month prison term or a NZ$10,000 fine. He has been remanded on bail and is due to face court on Monday.
A spokesman for shipowner, China Navigation Company, said it adopted the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) and the Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) guidelines for the control of alcohol on board ship which strictly prohibit any seafarer from navigating or operating any ship's equipment while under the influence of alcohol.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- RUSOFFER-046 1.03MWe CATERPILLAR G3516 [1287 kVa x1] Used Refurbished Container packaged Natural gas fueled Power plant 2008Y 400V 50HZ
- Used 2 x 4MW Wartsila 12V32 HFO power plant for SALE
- Wartsila 16V32GD nozzles for sale
- cat gas gen set for sale two no cat 3520
- 3 x 2MW, 50Hz, 400V Jenbacher Gas power plant for SALE
- [ All Subjects ]